BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 10, 2011

10th September 2011


I am really happy today. Really happy. After a long time, something good has happened. I guess I can't disclose the information publicly right now, because it involves the consent of my really close friends. I just feel that all the hard work of 2 and a half years has paid off, and now its all going to be smooth. :) But now I have to stop thinking of it. Exams fromt the 19th. :/ That means no laptop, less music, no movies, no food from outside, no going to the market etc for the next 3 weeks. But October is going to be epic! I mean, the thing im so happy about today is going to take place. Wait, I need to stop. I won't say anything else about it. :P And well, various bands are releasing their albums in September/October - So ill check those out. Metallica is coming to INDIA! Thats like the biggest event of this year. I can't wait. I just hope my tickets reach on time, and the show doesn't get cancelled (fingers crossed). Then I have my rockschool guitar exam in the last week of October. Im giving Grade 7 this time. Man its tough. I haven't been able to do enough in the past 2 months because of school and studies. Its really going to be a challenge preparing for that. And then there's Modern Extacy! Its going to be my first one, and im sure it will be insane! Then ill start jamming regularly with my bands also, start the music making process. Recording, etc etc. Woah, so much is going to happen in October. I just have to somehow get through this month. It seems really tough right now. :P

I just trimmed off my beard a while back. Yeah, the metal quotient on my face is gone, I know - SAD. Im sure my mom is going to tell me to get a haircut tomorrow. That is going to be even sadder. Im really dreading that for now. :P I was busy mixing Redemption today. Its the first self composition by my band Penguin Park. Ive been mixing it for around 5-6 days now. I just came up with a nice instrumental mix today. I finally eqed the guitars, bass and finally made the drum sound. The drum sound really bothered me for the past 2-3 days. I would make a mix, and then send it to Siddhant. Then he'd tell me what to do, what to change, what sounds good, what does not sound good. Then I would work on those things and make a new mix and then again send it to him, blah blah blah. So after that was one, I thought of starting mixing the vocals today. I gave it around half an hour - and I really couldn't come up with anything. I guess Ill just work on it tomorrow. :P I did study for a decent time today. Im slowly finishing my course for the half yearlies, and I feel good. I recorded Awake by Textures in the evening but I won't have the time to record a video of it and upload it on youtube. So that stands stalled. Like 3-4 other songs. Im relatively less tired today. The AC's not working well so that's kind of pissing off.

Today was the birthday of a really good friend of mine. I sent her a nice message last night, and she really liked it. I still feel guilty for not being able to attend her party because well I had to fucking STUDY! :/ Im sure she's pissed about it, even though she says she isn't. Now Im going to watch a movie, and then sleep. 3 tuitions tomorrow! -.-

0 comments: